As someone so casually pointed out, it’s been a while since my last post (ahem, Michelle). Things have been going at a pretty hectic speed since January 1. Where do I begin?
- Several of our Ohio friends have come into town to visit (and take advantage of our cheap rates at mi casa). Can I tell you much fun I had walking through three museum with an inquisitive six year old Star Wars fan? That little guy is one of my favorite people. His parents aren’t too shabby either (come back any time Josie and Mike!).
- The husband and I hosted our second dinner party where our meat-atarian friends raved about the beef brisket tacos (thanks for sharing the recipe Smitten Kitchen!).
- I became an aunt for the first time. Welcome to the family, Ben! If anyone is planning on surprising me with a gift, here’s a hint…
- As far as my crafting, I’ve found myself in the middle of what seems like 50 different projects. I have a quilt, four scarves and two dog collars halfway finished. I been collecting patterns online for the past month. In more exciting news, I booked my first wedding stationary job. I am just giddy about this opportunity and I cannot wait to share the details with you.
- Two words: The Wire. If you haven’t seen this series yet, go to your nearest video store (do they still have those?) or add it to your Netflix queue. Now. I’m not kidding.
- While we wait for those red envelopes full of Wire goodness to arrive in our mailbox, we’ve been enjoying the heck out of Castle, Modern Family and the whole NBC Thursday night lineup (minus the shit-astic Jay Leno show. I’m bitter). Not to mention, Lost is back. Huzzah!
- We spend our Sunday mornings watching Saturday Night Live. Jeff has taken an interest in this show again, due to the fact that one of his friends is a writer for the show. Pretty cool, huh?
- I’m not sure if you aware or not, but we received around 14 inches of snow here in Chicago this week. Between shoveling sidewalks (and my car out of an ally), the pooches and I been jumping in and out of snow drifts and making snow angels.
- And then there is work. Things have really picked up in that department and I can honestly say, for the first time in quite a while, that I really enjoy my job. No joke. However, out of the past fourteen or so days, I have been on the road for half of them which brings me to right now…
My body pretty much said, “ENOUGH.” I guess in my goals for 2010, I should have listed “Slow down every five to six days.” Maybe if I did, I wouldn’t be that stuffy, sneezy, coughing, achy jerk in every NyQuil commercial right now. Ugh. So while I enjoy these two Sudafeds and some tea, tell me what have you been up to since January 1?
*achoo* *sniff* *cough* *groan*